Mowing with a bagger - but turn off vacuum?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by primeomega, Oct 6, 2013.

1. primeomega

primeomega LawnSite Member

Kind of a odd question I think - About half of my customers will need there lawns bagged going forward. Other have don't. I have a Gravely 52 and just got my power bagger put on.

As it going to suck to always take off the vacuum on the discharge from lawns that want bag to the ones that don't.

Do you think if I just take the belt off the vacuum and run it that way, would there be a issue? I feel at that time it would just mulch everything up?

Anyone else do this, or have any other ideas?

Thanks!

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Is the bagger on the Gravely not easy to remove? The blower on our Grasshopper can be removed or put back on in like 15 seconds.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

We take the trac vac shute off the mower and the hose from the deck to the peco box; and then slap it back on when we need to bag.

4. primeomega

No, guess it's a 10 min job or so. Lots of screws and crap I was told.

I was thinking of maybe just running it with the bags removed. Figure it was no real difference then shooting the grass out the side.

5. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the gravely with the power flo vac. The vac and flexible tube take 15 seconds off and 15 seconds back on. The hopper itself with three bags stays on at all times. That is about a 5 minute job with the nuts and bolts.

6. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

GMLC has a 452 with full bagging system. He has a smaller trailer and must remove/install the blower housing on every lawn. Take a look at your system to see how quick it really is.

7. primeomega

Thanks for passing along the info on this. It was easy to take off and back on, about 3-5 min depending on how cold it was, lol.

Ended up not even needing to use it as it sucks so bad, it has turned into a $800 paper weight. :(