1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mowing with your spouse?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thartz, Apr 14, 2003.

1. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious;any of you mow with your spouse?Wife teaches and is on spring break so I got this brainstorm that I would show her how the other half lives.Out of respect for my marriage I don't think this will happen again!

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife lasted 2 hours. Was barfing in the woods!!:eek: :eek:
  3. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

L&M;what did you do to her to cause that?
  4. lawnman250

lawnman250 LawnSite Member

My wife works with me almost every day we work. She can operate the mowers, weed-eaters, and blowers as good as I can. She enjoys working outdoors and doesn't mind the hard work. She also does 99% of the flower and shrub planting for our clients. The only time it bothers her is when it is 90+ outside and high humidity, then her asthma gives her trouble. Several years ago when I was working 3rd shift as well as the business, she practically ran the business with a couple part-time workers with the exception of the paper work. Guess I got lucky somehow.

By the way, she can even back up the truck and trailer without jackknifing it. Does a good job at it too.
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

My wife loves to mow with me - and I might add she is innovative and loves the outdoors
  6. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

Mine went out with me first time last week ,must say she looked good on that exmark lazer z :D
  7. Awilkinson

Awilkinson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Mine had a bit more stamina, she last about 3 moths last year. She said this year, she is concentrating on the book work and office tasks, so far, haven't seen much of that either! LOL
  8. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

6 days a week. 10 hours a day.. actually she runs a crew and i run a crew.
  9. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

My wife is handicapped ( seriously ) and she is now using the ZTR rider.... After she was done with the 1st yard ( looked great ) she said to me..... I will send you the bill :eek: ROFLMAO !!!!! :dizzy:
  10. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

My wife helps me about once a week. She is a teacher so she has the whole summer off. She loves to mow and work on her tan. She probably won't help me to much this year, just found out she is pregnant with our first child. I'll let her slack this year.:blob3: