Mowing without a shirt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WeedWhacker69, Jun 20, 2001.

?

Do you mow without a shirt?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2001.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. No

76 vote(s)
    77.6%
  3. Sometimes

17 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. WeedWhacker69

WeedWhacker69 LawnSite Member

Do any of you mow without your shirt on? Was just wondering if you think its unproffesional to mow with no shirt?

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel it is very unprofessional. My employees are required to wear their uniform shirts at all times.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

uh, somehow I don't think I would be able to get away with that.:laugh: :laugh:
    And even my husband keeps his shirt on too.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

TRIED IT SEVERAL YRS AGO TRYING TO GET READY FOR A BEACH TRIP.
    I WAS PROMPTLY TOLD THAT CUSTOMER THOUGHT IT WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA.
    HAD TO STAY WITH THE REDNECK TAN.

5. WILSON BROS.

WILSON BROS. LawnSite Member

We are a professional company, there to do a professional job. Whether we are or not we try to look the part.

6. WeedWhacker69

WeedWhacker69 LawnSite Member

Well I was just wondering because alot do mow shirtless around here and I've thought about it but I agree with you all that its unproffesional. Great minds think alike, interesting thought Jodi..lol..just kidding...Thanks for your input as usual gang.

7. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on where I'm mowing. If theres alot of potential customers around no, but out in the boonies I do mow with out a shirt sometimes..

8. powerreel

powerreel Banned

It would depend on the client. Does anyone ever swim with their clients? Or do you "professional" guys not do that either or do you wear company logo swim trunks?

9. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

It would be very un-professional to work without a shirt, this isn't your backyard.

powerreel.... huh?

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I got 2 words for you---skin cancer. Cover up as much as possible it may save your life down the road. With ozone depletion cancers are at a all time high. Good time to start is when you are young taking care of your skin because it all adds up