Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Crocker21, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Crocker21

Crocker21 LawnSite Member

Hey! When do you think mowing will begin in North Carolina??
  2. wnccutter

wnccutter LawnSite Member

I start with partial cuts mid March (partial cuts = high visibility areas if they need it along with picking up any debris from the winter)

Full scale cutting for the company starts April 1st...
  3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It felt like we could have started cutting on Monday...then last night it was 20. This freakin cold weather is killin me! Mid March to early April here....and it cant get here fast enough!
  4. wnccutter

wnccutter LawnSite Member

I have a confession to make...I keep hoping that Global Warming will extend my cutting season...that's bad isn't it...:confused:

I should feel bad about that...right...;)
  5. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

Mine down here will start early to mid march! I cant wait either! I need my winter coat to go away!! LOL! Im in ancy mode right now cuz i know its approaching so fast and i have alot to do before the start! Good luck to all this season!
  6. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

You know what we say about NC weather(If you don't like it, give it a couple of days)
  7. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

Right or wrong I'm praying hard for global warming! lol Our season usually runs from doing just a little trimming etc. in late Feb. to almost Thanksgiving for clean ups. Mowing is from Mar. to the end of Oct. and I want it to go from first of Feb. to the end of Nov. Call me a subversive I guess:D