1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowtown USA-----My 1st Expierence....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been in the market for a grass catcher for my exmark as well as a new commercial spreader. I shopped around looking for the best deal i could find and i found two companies with the same prices: Russo Power and Mowtown USA. I decided to go with mowtown as I have heard good things about them before on here. So on Monday the 18th at 1 pm I placed my order. Now I didn't expect them to overnite my items however it's been 5 days and they have yet to even ship my order out. I wrote them on Thursday and asked had my items been shipped since it had been 3 days and no tracking number had been sent. They send me an email back telling me it my order had been processed already and not to worry about shipping they would notify me when it was sent. Now I realize I only spent $400 with them instead of a couple grand but to me this just seems like poor customer service. It's now the 23rd and my order has yet to be shipped and it probably won't be until the 25th at the earliest. I wish I would have went with another company now even if it did cost more. Some people might think I'm too impatient but everytime I order from another supplier I usually get my item in 4-5 days. Guess I'm just used to top notch customer service.
  2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Anyone know of online store for Maruyama and Redmax?
  3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, definately poor customer service !!
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

7 business days before and order is even shipped out?

Either they suck, or they themselves didn't have your items on hand... which sucks too.

I hate online shopping.
    I like to walk in somewhere, buy what I want, and walk out with it.
  5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to see your still around ENVY, what you been up to?

I like to shop locally but no one here uses walkbehinds so no one stocks anything for them. I've always had good luck before with other companies. What sucks is I need the items this week as my current spreader gears decided to strip, and I start spring cleanups this week and need to bag a few yards. Who would have thought I'd be behind in February.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Copy that !! Welcome back ENVY , where you been hiding ?
  7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a good reason NOT to buy online. I can call my dealer and get anything from Exmark, Scag, same day or worst case next day. Stihl products take two days if the dealer is out of stock. Sure, it may cost a little more but I rather put the money into a local business than some online parts warehouse that doesn't give a $hit about you.
  8. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

That seems like a long time if they had it in stock. I order alot online and most places usually ship the day after payment is made, 2-3 days at the most. I did have to wait for a part 10 days before, but they told me it was on back order when I ordered and it was a real good deal so I didn't mind waiting. It doesn't matter if it's $10 or $10k, your paying for it there not giving it to you for free the least they can do is tell you when it will be shipped.
  9. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We carry RedMax parts.! You can look up your part numbers on RedMax's website and email me for prices. Thanks
  10. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I ordered a years worth of blades from Texas mower parts a month ago and got them in 2 days. Very pleased,guy I talked to on the phone was very nice.