MP Rotator design

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Ok..edumaacate me please...I have finally come across the perfect yard for MPs I think.....

1/2 inch feed into the meter....sounds odd eh? Small vacation rental cabin....

Most of the yard is cut up too much to use rotors....and some of the heads need to go less than 10 feet....spray heads are gonna eat up my water to quickly...I also have a smallish window for watering....due to unknown shower times of vacation tenants....you cannot run two hose end sprinklers at a time on this place.....no volume and 40-60 lbs pressure...

I remember reading a thread (too lazy to search) about one of the models not working well..my luck it will be the 1000....

Can I use 1000s or do they suck.....can I throttle down a 2000 if necessary?

Run times must be pretty long eh? 45 minutes ish?

Thanks in advance...

2. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

You can't throttle an MP down much more than 20% or so. The 1000's are a bit wonky at times, but given what you've got, they may still be the best bet.

I program MP zones for about 40mins.....

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I agree the 1000's are not up to snuff, but with something over 40 psi they are tolerable.

4. HooKooDooKu

HooKooDooKu LawnSite Member

That can be fixed by using the Rainbird PRS popups. MPs seem to be designed for them.

5. can you mix 1000s 2000s and 3000s on the same zone?

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Supposedly. I believe the MP is balanced prep regardless of arc or radius.

7. Yes-This is one of their biggest bragging points. They adjust to different patterns and thet have one that will do tight angles as well. The MP2000 is my favorite of the bunch.

8. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

the 1000's are not as good as the 2000 or 3000, but they are lots better then say a 3500 pattern. and, they are a WHOLE lot better when you remember the 1000, 2000, and 3000 are indeed matched.

so the whole game of "gee i need a larger nozzle cuz this one is a 180, and the rest of the heads are a 90" goes right out the window.

which means the mprotator solution is simpler, better, and easier then anything else on the market.

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

This section (although vandalized) is MP-Rotator 1000s. It's about 8-1/2' across and the 1000s work well. I personally don't think they should be spaced farther than 10' at the most. Out of the picture on the left side the building turns and we have 3000s in that area on this same zone and it is green with a good stand of turf although mixed with the 1000s.

Adult School Vandalism 7-17-07 IV-02.jpg

10. Are they just on the sidewalk side or against the building and the sidewalk?