MP Rotator "matchstick" tool?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Aug 29, 2007.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

2. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

I got a free one in the spring. I received a promotion in the mail from MP in March. I had to email them a story about how the MP rotators got me out of a jam & they sent me one of those for free. I used it once & then lost it. I definitely would not have paid for it.
    Rob

4. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I got the kit and made a stick that was about 5' long. It saves a lot of bending down when you have a bunch of heads to adjust. I don't think its a necessity on a residential site, but if you have larger sites with 100's of MPs in the ground, it does save some time and wear and tear on the knees.

5. smart water

smart water LawnSite Member

They're great speeds adjusting up heaps:clapping:

btw: we get ours for free ( if you buy enough MP's)

6. bobw

Damn...only bought 775 of em this season... no freebies for me :(

7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

My partner Leo went on vacation about three weeks ago to the DFW area and converted his brother's spray pop-ups to MP-Rotators. They got the kit, made the tool and he loved it. We don't use it at work but I told him if he wants it to go ahead and get it on our purchase order.

8. irrig8r

I got it today.

I used MP 200os on a job a couple of years ago and was disappointed with them. I took them out and put them on my front lawn and they overshot the mark. I have RB Rotaries in there now.

I decided with all the hoopla to give the MPs another shot. I installed the MP 1000Ts on existing Toro heads in the front yard and MP 1000s on existing Rain Bird in the the back, both in turf. The remaining turf has existing Toro heads, but two lawn areas with very different needs on the same line.

9. irrig8r

So anyway, I forgot to mention.. the matchstick tool works great for the arc adjustment, the radius adjustment... not so much.

10. bobw

The radius adjustment works fine IF (and that is a big IF) you are directly vertical with the radius adjustment screw. If you are the least bit out, you will just twirl away and get nowhere. Whenever I take out the stick, I grab a small tool for the odd nozzle that just won't take a radius adjustment from the stick...