MP Rotator Project

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Oct 5, 2005.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Just finished a two zone spray pop-up to MP Rotator renovation. Worked out great since this area is where a contractor had just trenched through for supplying electrical to a new portable building and broke the lines in several areas. Pictures are attached and if you're wondering about the over-wetness it's because of having to systematically blow out sprinklers/lines because of all the debris caused by the breaks. Seems like they are working well and we've now been able to double up the two zones into one. I'll now have to see if we get sticking or other problems. Thanks to all for your input. Pictures attached.

Mountain View MP Rotator Project EM-01.jpg

Mountain View MP Rotator Project EM-02.jpg

Mountain View MP Rotator Project EM-03.jpg

Mountain View MP Rotator Project EM-04.jpg

Mountain View MP Rotator Project EM-05.jpg

2. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Heh heh, I was about to go with some MP Rotators on a new install project but chickened out simply because I haven't used them enough. I was sooooo close, but "Nah." People seem to like them, so far, so maybe one of these days...

3. PurpHaze

Trust me... if problems develop I'll post that info too. Besides you guys here I also talked with three guys that have had them installed for better than a year and they're quite happy with them. Time will tell because school sites are a whole different animal than someone's residence.

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have had a system in for two years next month 0-problems on a park setting for a large family 10 kids 15 grand kids. Golf, football, quads, and a parking lot for a christmas charity event you name it and it happens on this field. Heads are all on swing joints and I repeat 0-problems. I wish Walla Walla were hiring sales reps.

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't Nelson make the MProtators for Walla Walla?

6. PurpHaze

Your confidence in the product is helpful.

I know the exclusive distributor around here is Ewing.

7. PurpHaze

I'm not sure exactly what the connection is. Don't know if it's that way or Walla Walla Sprinklers makes them for Nelson or there's a subsidiary connection, etc.

8. PurpHaze

Forgot to mention that these two zones combined originally had 32 spray pop-ups that were always getting broken. We reduced it to 14 MP-Rs which I'm hoping will reduce the overall maintenance on them.

9. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

It was my understanding from others here that we have two seperate entities, both with "Nelson" in their name. The Walla-Walla company has been an ag irrigation producer with a good reputation for a long time. The other "Nelson".......well, we all know them REAL good, don't we!

10. PurpHaze

From their web site: "Walla Walla Sprinkler Company, a turf & landscape irrigation company, is a subsidiary of Nelson Irrigation Corporation..."