MP Rotator vs Single Stream Rotor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

not a boiler drain, but a genuine "lawn hydrant" - very large water passage in those. When's the last time you saw one of those as new work?

2. Been awhile but I have seen some of those in some older sections of Dallas. Usually with the oval handle.

A-1 I concur but I think TXI is referring to redoing systems in which the pressure is low because of too large a spray zone. He may correct me but that was my reading. Maybe he is talking install after rereading.

3. Wet_Boots

You see them, or at least a form of them, in old Tom and Jerry cartoons, and the cat has run squarely into a few of them.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  4. 6 minutes and 49 seconds. I don't know boots. can you just give me the time of the spots you want me to speed to? You know like 3:53 Tom stubs toe on water hydrant.

5. Wet_Boots

I couldn't find the one I remember, so I just tossed in one I'm fond of. Compared to the Warner Bros toons I grew up with, these are like a primal scream.

6. So this cartoon doesn't even have an example of what you were referring to?
    I did a search. Is it this one?

7. Wet_Boots

Oh, I found one good view of a lawn hydrant, but no one was running into it. The collision I recall almost hurt to look at - obviously all steel plumbing.

[​IMG]

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I replaced some sprinklers not to long ago, some junk spray sprinklers that wouldn't even pop due to extremely low system pressure (~21-23 PSI nozzle pressure). Replaced the sprinklers and nozzled with MPRotators, picked up a few PSI (nozzle pressure at ~25 PSI), but now the "system" works.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Pics?.......We have not seen too many from you.

10. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I use them all the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device