MP Rotator vs Single Stream Rotor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I never see them sold at distributors - I can get a respectable import version of the oval-handled valves made by Champion.

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

The supply house I go to even has a 1" inlet model
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Bubbatex0

Bubbatex0 LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner in Texas and designed my system (With help from this forum) with MPR's and it is working great. Have many curves around my pond and curved patio and can put down water with minimal overspray. I have black clay and do have to run the zones longer than I would have with sprays but it has more time to soak in the clay and not run off. Thumbs Up

Also I am having to switch to 6" bodies to clear the grass (St Augustine) as it it growing much thicker and I mow it at 3.5" in this friggin drought and heat. :cry:

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

6" Heads are standard with my new installs. You really don't want to mow healthy St Aug lower than you are as you probably know. Glad you had success.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Aren't there new cultivars that can be cut lower?

7. Cut more frequently would be a better option. I cut my own St Aug every 4-5 days during the growing season.

8. Bubbatex0

Bubbatex0 LawnSite Member

I have been swapping them out a few at a time for a year or so. With this drought I am not mowing on my regular schedule and leaving it longer to shade the roots a little. Seems to be working so far as I am one of few in the neighborhood that doesnt have a dirt yard right now. :cool2:

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Funny Dad. :laugh:

10. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Where are you in RR?