1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

MP Rotator vs Single Stream Rotor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, Aug 6, 2011.

1. That first spigot could use a little leveling. Not surprised to see barren grassless ground.

Damn why did I post this....

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Probably should, but I don't think so given it is not technically "gray" water, but then that is open to interpretation. Codes have changed since that went in.

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

We're not required to post anything unless the site is fed off of a reclaimed water feed.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

It is level Pete, unless my torpedo level was lying to me. The picture is cockeyed, look at the wall .... and you probably shouldn't have posted it.

5. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

My customers hate the sign, I just tell them to leave it untill the inspection is over.

We also have to install MV in most cities so I don't install these much anymore.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Uh, uh, why not use a normally open master valve or assign the faucet to a dedicated zone?

7. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Either way it is dicey. Open master could lead to a 24hr main leak, and a dedicated zone would mean they would have to do a manual run on the zone when they wanted to use the faucet.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Excuse me, a flow sensor will (with the right clock) shut down the main should there be a break, normally open or normally closed. We've also installed spigots with a zone valve and programmed them for the client's time of use.