MP-Rotators Movie Upload Experiment

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Sep 9, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Boot's dial-up connection will choke on it... but what the hell.

I shot these short ones in my back yard using my digital camera on "movie mode". Just experimenting as to how they came out. You'll need Quicktime to view them... I think.

I first tried things with my camcorder but the files are way too big to upload here. Hopefully this works fine as it will open up a new communication tool. :)

Attached Files:

2. PurpHaze

Second of three experimental movies.

Attached Files:

3. PurpHaze

Last experimental movie.

Attached Files:

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Quicktime bites, cool little video's though. :)

5. Worked like a champ for me. What could possibly be better than quicktime?:) What is your house pressure?

6. PurpHaze

Sorry... can't do anything about it though. That's the format that my Olympus digital camera keeps video files in. :)

I can see a lot of use for this at work. I can take mini-movies of stuff and then upload them for others to puke on. :laugh:

7. PurpHaze

Considering that you use a hamburger for a computer... I guess it's like mayo. :)

If I remember correctly... 55 PSI at the POC at the front of the house. These backyard MPRs are on Toro 570 PRX-COM bodies that keep the pressure at 30 PSI... if I remember correctly.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

My camera is the same. You can try this open source utility for conversions if you get bored.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediacoder/

You Apple guys. Personally I think MPEG (and its variants) gives you better compression:quality ratio than MOV will.

AVI will give you the best all around quality, especially if you don't compress it. :)

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

ROFLMAO :laugh:

10. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

If anyone REALLY needs an MPG version, I could convert it and upload again here.