1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MP Rotators to the rescue

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Flow Control, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Was at a job yesterday that had I-20's (5 per zone) that ran fine, and it had 8 zones of 12" sprays (avg. 10 per zone with 10 & 12' 180 degree nozzles) anyway the rotors worked fine but none of the sprays would come up unless you turned half (5) of them off. So I figured that I had two choices: install pump or mp rotators and with 83 nozzles the price was a wash except I could get mp nozzles in the next day instead of trying to schedule the plumber to install a pump. So we tried the mp's on the furthest zone from the poc and BINGO we had a winner. I am now an OFFICIAL fan when needed they are priceless.
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Out of curiosity, what do you pay per nozzle and what do you charge per each installed, assuming all you have to do is unscrew the old and pop in the new, then a small adjustment?
  3. I charge 9/nozzle plus my hourly rate. I need to find my last Ewing bill but I think I pay 4.80 ea.
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Our price here is about $5.50 per nozzle... which confuses some because it actually is classified a sprinkler since it has moving parts. Guess some would think we're crazy installing a sprinkler on a sprinkler. I just refer to the parts breakdowns on my work orders as "sprinkler bodies" and "sprinkler nozzles" to avoid confusion. :)
  5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Ours was originally in that price range also. I know they've gone up recently though.
  6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

This was a mistake made by on of my foreman. If we could have charged, lets just say it would have been surf and turf tonight. Instead it was a costly lesson learned.
  7. Ouch and ouch again.
  8. Quadruple ouch
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

So, what price are you usually charging for the Rotators on a service call?
  10. We charge $60 for SC plus $15 each installed.