MP Rotators

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, May 12, 2005.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

I have asked all of my distributors here as to the availability of these nozzles.
    They don't have a clue as to what I am talking about?

Are there adjustments like a VAN nozzle or only to bring in the radius?

Thanks for all the help here

John :waving: :sleeping:

2. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

They are a small ROTOR that goes on a spray head or shrub adapter. They are great. They come in adjustable arcs in certain ranges, i.e., 90-210 degrees and 180-270 degrees. You can adjust them down to properly cover and they will increase the radius over a common spray nozzle. I use them a lot when fixing homeowner installs with 18-20 feet between heads.
    Of course there is a penality to pay, they have a slow flow, so you need to run the station longer to get the proper precip down.

They are made by "Wala Wala" sprinkler, which, I understand is now a Nelson company.

Web search will bring up a page for them. They are handier than a shirt pocket.

3. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use them alot for low pressure area's, they work great. Here is the web site, hope it helps you out to find your nearest dealer or order online from Ewing.

http://www.mprotator.com/

4. kerdog

kerdog LawnSite Member

Hey jcom----

Where I am (Texas) Ewing Irrigation is the exclusive distributor for the MP Rotator. The nozzles cost me about $4.50 each. They are similar to a VAN, in that the arc can be adjusted, however, the minimum arc is 90 degrees. Check them out at www.mprotator.com The "spray or stream" is more like "fingers", rotating at different radius'.

Rainbird has also come out with their version, called Rotary nozzles. The arc is fixed. But, they come quarter, one-third, half, two-third, three-quarter, and full. Cost is about the same. Radius is adjustable between two throws. One is 13'-18', and 17'-24'.

See ya---kerdog

5. sprinkler guy

sprinkler guy LawnSite Member

jcom,

Check out the thread in this section called Rainbird Rotary Nozzles. We discussed this very subject a few days ago. It might give you some more info.

6. johnnyaqua

johnnyaqua LawnSite Member

Rainbird also has a version of these nozzles.

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Rainbird's "version" of the MP Rotator doesn't come close.

Sorry. I love most RB stuff. But their initial attempt at copying the MP Rotator was a huge disappointment to us. As much as I would have liked for them to come out with a very similar product (as RB stuff is sold at a lot more places than the MPR is), it just didn't pan out.

If you want a low-flow Matched Precip. Rate nozzle, the MPRs take the cake. No one else compares - yet.

8. blkberry

blkberry LawnSite Member

Ewing, is the place.

9. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

O.K. I am in florida and not near any dealer. who can i order from to get it in a day or two.
    i see u say that Ewing is the one to order from. Where are they located (i couldn't tell from their site) so i know how many days it will take for ups to get it here.

10. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

another question. all of the pics on the mpr site show it without a body but i asume it comes with one. let me know if it does not. also i asume that these streams rotate.
    just checking?