Mp3000

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by IRRITECH, Nov 14, 2006.

1. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Designed this zone for the 3000 because of the beautiful pictures PH had showing them and those strategically positioned heads. Anyway, @ $4.61/rotator + the 1806, I think I'll Stick to rotors.

MP3000 @26' , 60 psi

MP1.jpg

MP2.jpg

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Must have been a bugger getting pipe under that "stamped" concrete without messing it up.

Multi Stream style heads look so much better in motion than they do in a fixed picture.

Your cost should be around $9 for the MP and the 1806, thats pretty close to rotor price.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have used a lot of the Mp rotators and they work great for me. Yours look like they are under too much pressure. I think you only want to be at 30-40 psi but I should probably read the spec sheets.

The first ones I put in I called the rep because they were not throwing far enough, he advised me to turn down the flow control on the valve and as the pressure came down they began to throw farther and not mist up so much.

4. IRRITECH

My guys get under sidewalks, concrete paths, etc, reall quick, they don't particularly like it but they do a great job at it.

My rotor price (RB 5004) is less than $7, at $2 more per head it looks pretty but hard to justify.

5. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Me too. I picked up a new account today that is using those and the customer said they suck. I've never installed any but they look like serviceman's nightmare.

I get to rezone the system and install the correct heads next spring.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

How are you liking those 5004's?

I'm so satisfied with the PGP that its going to take a lot more than a $3 saving to get me to switch.

Are your guys going to pay for the broken lamp fixture?

Why do they suck? Your the first person to dislike them.

And if you want a service man's nightmare, try the Toro 300 series streamrotors.

MProtorators look the same without having to change out adjustable arc discs...and apparently they don't clog and stop spinning like the 300's.

7. IRRITECH

Love the PGP's. The 5000's are fine heads. Run into a few issues right out of the box on occasion but for the most part they're fine. Haven't used a Rainbird head since the T-Birds puked years ago. They have a few perks I like, the adjustable left stop being one of them. Salesman talked me into trying them this year and I get my Rainbird points on them, so why not. My wife likes a free vacation every couple of years.

8. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Like I said, I've never installed any and the customer said they sucked.
    I've never cared for the Toro 300 either or most any Toro irrigation products.
    All I did was winterize the system but none of them were rotating and the coverage looked like it would be horrible.

9. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

If they suck it is because they were not installed correctly. Too much pressure or the lines not flushed out well. They also take considerably longer to put out an inch of water, it may be as simple as programming the controller correctly.

As A professional it is your responsibility to be knowledgeable about the products out there and do what is best for the client not what is easiest for you. Sprinkler heads here get more use in one year than you will in five. I installed some 3 years ago and have not had the first problem with them. I have also installed several systems since then and retrofitted many other spray systems that were poorly designed (too many heads on a line)

The correct heads were installed but by an uneducated contractor. Apparently there is a shortage in Indiana.

10. IRRITECH

I can fix it, my dad has a killer set of tools.