MPG on 06' Diesel Ford

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Boycea, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Last month I purchased an 06' F350 regular cab, 8ft bed, diesel. I know the engine needs to get broken in first before I see optimum performance and optimum gas MPG, but I am currently averaging 8.85mpg which I think is horrible, My dump truck does better than this. My truck just broke 1,500 miles so I'm going to keep checking it and keep my fingers crossed. What are you guys averaging with your 6.0 ford diesels???

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

F350 dump 6 liter diesel 4.10 gears auto trans 3200 miles 7.6 mpg

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i get 12-13 pulling my 6x12 around with equipment, 14 around town empty and 16-17 highway (70mph). i've got 13,000 on the motor so far.

4. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Yikes, I thought them PSD diesels got WAY better MPG then that. Where'd all that talk go? Heck, I'm getting 11-12 with my 6.0 Gasser in my GMC, and saved $6,900 from not buying the Duramax. Interesting.

5. Boycea

Ok, that makes me feel a little better. I heard I have to wait till around 5,000 miles to see the best results. I do a lot of highway driving so i would be happy with 16-17 mpg.

6. Boycea

Not only did you save the $6,900 on the gas engine, but here in Massachusetts i'm paying $2.69 a gallon for diesel and $1.97 for gas :dizzy: .

7. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a F450 pickup 2005. We drove it back from Ohio to Arizona last weekend. It is an automatic with the 4.3 l/s rear end and 4X4. It also weighs in at 9,000 pounds. We averaged 14 MPG.

Peace,

Rex

http://ArizonaPavers.Com

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Rex that truck have any miles on it before you left with it????

this is my 5th PSD and they keep getting worst for MPG but my 7.6 was around town and I had a load on for abot 65 miles. The best its ever done is 10.5 mpg and that was freeway only. I sure hope it starts to loosen up and improve but I ain't had one yet that it made a big dif. in

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

you drove 3/4 of the way across the country for a brand new truck?! why?

10. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

It is or was brand new, 200 miles on it when we oicked it up.
    It is a F450 pickup,4X4, Crew cab, lariat and they arehard to find plus, we got a great deal.

Peace,

Rex

http://ArizonaPavers.Com