Mpls Pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gonefishing56310, Feb 24, 2005.

1. gonefishing56310

gonefishing56310 LawnSite Member

I am starting a new LCO in the Mpls. area. Can anyone tell me what to charge for lawn services??

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I went down the yellow pages and called every company listed, it gave the market rate, I even tried the guys listed in the newspaper. Some were willing to do it for nothing, won't last long for them, I even had a couple drive by the house and give me a price.

Also hit the search button, it has tons of info. You need lots of time to look, but its all great info!

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

minnesota, and the metro area are so varied in the "cost of living". what you can charge around lake minnetonka, and what you can charge in the city are two very different numbers. what area, specific, are you working in. what type of equipment do you have, and what are your costs? ;)

4. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

Charge what you need to make a profit. My prices are determined by my costs, not the market. That said, generally most lawns in the western suburbs start around $30-$35. This is a good ballpark to start with. Than you can adjust the price depending on the lawn. I try and charge $1-$2 dollars per minute.