1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Apr 24, 2008.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Over the past several days (as part of our complete walkthrough on the site that had the Watertronics booster pump unit installed) I've had the opportunity to install approximately 50 MP-Rotators on the new Hunter MPR40 bodies specifically designed for them. I must say... I am quite impressed!!! :clapping:

We're using the 6" pop-up body that has an internal factory installed PR to keep the heads at 40 PSI and they also have an internal check valve to prevent low head drainage. I can run I-40 or I-20 zones simultaneously with the MPRs... FUN to watch the field sprinklers on "steroids" while the MPRs maintain at 40 PSI and whiz along perfectly at their optimal PSI. :drinkup:

Now that the field areas are completed and state student testing is finished we'll move into the interior zones around the buildings next week. There are several PGJ zones that we will be renovating to MPRs. I'll try and get some good pictures of everything and post them up. Best time is early in the morning when the light is just right but I've been too dang busy. :)
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Love to see the pics; nice work Hayes.