Mr drip it good

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AI Inc, Mar 18, 2009.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Is Hunter popular in MI? I did an estimate last night for a couple that just moved here from MI. They said they had 2 previous irrigation systems , but had never heard of Hunter. Is Hunter not that popular in MI?

2. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes sir, very popular. Other than Rain Bird valves we pretty much use Hunter heads and controllers across the board.

Maybe they're yoopers?

You will find Hunter products everywhere around the Detroit area. I would think everywhere else in the state too.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats kinda what I thought. Guess thats what surprised me so much.

4. Dripit good

Were they toro fans? :hammerhead:

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

No,, rainbird

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

So are you in Detroit / metro wayne county? I knew a woman from Dearborn yrs ago.

7. Dripit good

Yes, mainly Oakland and Wayne county. We also work in the surrounding counties.

Will travel for work. :laugh:

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Hows the economy doing out that way?

9. Dripit good

Are you serious?

It's absolutely horrible. On top of things Brickman has infiltrated the area ruining the market for all of us. We have lost several large properties due to their ridiculous pricing.

Out of work auto workers are cutting grass and doing landscape enhancements furthering the down slide.

Hard to blame those guys though........we all need to pay bills and feed our families.

It's the "Walmart" of the industry thats really screwing things up around here for us. The housing market is bad. Hard to believe the devaluing of property going on. Too many people loosing their jobs due to auto manufacturing going down. It's depressing. Gota stay positive though.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So you're saying it's not good?