1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mr.glenn landscapes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mr.glenn, May 17, 2006.

1. mr.glenn

mr.glenn LawnSite Member

centipede lawns with dead spots? i have 32 accounts and nearly all are centipede lawns. some i weed and feed, others i don't. almost every one has several dead sections of about 10 square feet. we have had avg rainfall so far and i mow these yards at about three inches just as i always have. this is the first i've seen this and even my comp. has mentioned it. anyone have an idea of what the heck is wrong?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Centipde is a Warm Season grass as you know. It has not been even close to hot here in NC yet so I'd bet it is just still some spots coming out of dormancy is all.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

This might be a "duh" comment but I have to put in my .02. Make absolutely sure your weed-n-feed states it is safe for centipede lawns. Centipede is nice but it sure can be a wimp to both disease and herbicides. If it doesn't specifically say "safe for centipede lawns" on the bag, I won't buy it for centipede. Good Luck:)