Mr. Phagan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guido, Jun 6, 2000.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys, I think enough of us gave some positive feedback to Bill Phagan about his articles and site. Check out the whats new section at his site, I think you will be happy with what you see.<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

2. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

Guido,<br>this isn't meant as a wise crack so don't take it that way but ... while you and the other guys are over at Bill Fagan's ... ask them if they'll contribute $75.00 each (three guys shown on that site) to Chuck's vacation fund ... hey I'm just doing my job marketing on this. I'd do it myself but I feel a little shy about it. <p>Phil Nilsson

3. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

<br>Guido:<p>I couldn't help notice that this is at least the second thread you've started extolling the virtues of Mr. Phagan.<p>They seem to appear in direct proportion to the amount of attention Mr. Nilsson is getting at the time - good or bad.<p>Coincidence? <p>Are you receiving remuneration from Mr. Phagan or is this an attempt to rally the troops against Nilsson....kind of rubbing his nose in it?<p>If it's the former, come clean now. If the latter, forget it. Nilsson's hot property right now - possibly the best friend LawnSite has got.

4. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

Hi Ed,<br>Guido is an okay guy, he's just trying to help out because Bill Phagan really does have some good stuff to offer. Lots of new people are coming into the business, and there really aren't that many consultants to go round ... that's why LawnSite is so important. People just coming into the bizz or in for a while, often can't afford formal consulting help, but they can certainly get good advice at this site ... and it doesn't cost them a dime, yet it can save them hundreds if not thousands!<p>Having said all that .. is why I'm appealing to each and every LawnSite user to make a pledge for Chuck's vacation fund. Chuck's not a rich guy, makin ends meet like the rest of us ... but you have to understand that Chuck spends his money keeping this site going and asks nothing in return ... yeah maybe someday he'll get more support but in the meanwhile ...<p>The guy could use a break. You know, just a little recognition and special thanks for making this site possible ...<p>What can you do?<br>Well I hate to put it this way ... but show some appreciation, a little payback call it, to let Chuck know it's not for no. You can send that message for $3.50 cents. Not much to ask this one time to send Chuck on a super nice vacation. He certainly deserves it. It was my idea to do this. Pledge your $3.50 under the other thread. Let's make this happen for Chuck. <p>What's in this for Nilsson?<br>Nothing I don't want anything out of it except for one thing. I'm trying my damndest<br>to see that Chuck gets on that ship. If everybody just chips in a few dollars, you're going to make somebody happy, that's for sure. Do this thing, where's the team spirit? Thanks to Chuck, you've got a family of people willing, ready and able to help you, Chuck makes it possible for those connections to connect right there on your screen. Don't let him down, don't let LawnSite down.<p>Sorry if I sound like public TV.<p>Phil Nilsson

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I remember in one reply to a post Phil saying almost any thing he does is for Phil to to promote Phil and to make money and to promote Phils business in so many words. Well by helping Chuck he is helping his business. Phil is a shrewd business man. Nothing wrong with that. Soon he will have Chuck in his pocket bought and paid for and the rest of us too. ON his way to taking over the whole internet and maybe the world. Chuck will come back from his cruise and the name of this forum will be change to &quot;Phils lawnsite and associate(A1)&quot;. I am kinda kidding with this(or am I).

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think guido is doing anything but sharing information...I like Nilssons idea on the vacation for Chuck...I like Phagan, LawnSite, Lawn site members, and cookies.

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

FYI.. I will never sell out to anyone and im not sure what Phil's motive might be, but as far as im concerned he is being a nice guy.<p>Thanks

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

<p>I also wonder about Phils motives. Considering his past comments, I am also wary of the motives behind everything he does. Maybe he has seen his mistakes, thats ok, maybe just too proud (or thick-headed ;) ) to admit them here.<p>Competition is a good thing. keeps everyone honest.<p>Bill<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: thelawnguy

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You guys obviously dont watch the xfiles lol. Conspiracys galore. i was really kidding. Or was I? I cant make up my mind.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Charles

10. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I kind of get the feeling that there is an ulterior motive to Phil's posting also. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of doing something for Chuck and will support that. But Phil left this forum to move to another, because we were not posting to his suit &quot;his&quot; standards. But since there was not much traffic there......think about it.<p>I mean you don't go squirrel hunting on the beach, do you. You go where the squirrels are. <p>Jim<p>