msma and bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by woodlawnservice, Jun 9, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

That's a great concept, one I may start taking more. I'm leaning towards this on customers where my instructions are not followed.

2. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I have done the spot--dribble spray of glyphosate to the crowns of some DG. It is effective and creates the landmine lawn, but when something is taken away for good, then someone higher up at the U of A better help us come to a conclusion. The State has lobbied to keep MSMA but it has been futile when those with fat pocket books is wanting to push other products into the residential sector.
    With all the other herbicide sprayed throughout the State, I haven't heard one conclusion to the demise of MSMA that makes a damn bit of since. Organic Arsenic is not the problem. The problem is somewhere else.

3. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

So help me out... in Oklahoma.. 90+ heat now... new clients with all sorts of weeds and no irrigation... what can I use with this heat? Celcius? 24d? Msma old label.. ? I don't wanna fry this turf.. first year all on my own
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Celsius will get the broadleaf weeds. Add quinclorac to the celsius and it should clean up any new yard expect for sedges. Don't forget to add 25% methylated seed oil to total amount of volume of water
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yea nobody has any mso here... the people at jd actually had.no.clue what it was! Lol only sell non ionic... but I think I found some li-700 at a farm supply.. I think its an oik
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Any BWI branch or someone who is supplied by them can get it for you. It's relatively cheap. I do not use it at a 25% rate and still have great results. It is almost all I use as far as surfactants go any more.

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got no problem with people like Bayer "pimping" their new products. They're great...for what they WORK on. They don't work on DG and for me to spend a fortune on products that only stunt the weed for a week or 2 only pisses the customer off and makes me look like a fool when the weed continues to be a chronic eyesore.

Suppression is fine for weeds like Virginia Buttonweed and Nutsedge, That's not what the customer is looking for when it comes to DG. They want it gone and the sooner, the better.

8. SOONER GREEN

SOONER GREEN LawnSite Member

you can buy mso at Agrium in OKC. As far as treating with msma you can add iron to your tank and buffer the burning effect of msma. It is hotter right now than normal but the lawns (around the metro) area are lush and will not be as apt to burn like they do in july.

9. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

My local JDL carries it. I bought a gallon jug of it a couple months ago.

10. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

I always found msma sprayed through a chemlawn gun with a 2 gallon rate and a nozzle instead of a fan tip burned/scorched the Bermuda less.

I bought up a few jugs of msma with the residential label last year. Using it sparingly and spotting Glyso on ones that have a just a few clumps.