1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MSMA and Liquid iron??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by T.E., Jul 1, 2004.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have some lawns that have spots of crabgrass coming up in them. I used msma at what i thought was a very light rate and I burnt some spot in the lawns. My question is can I mix iron with may msma and not have the burn? or will the iron make the msma in effective? Please help

License #5519
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

msma will NOT burn if you use it per label!
  3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Well thats a good way to cover yourself from flaming here lol
  4. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Using iron is a good way to cover up the yellowing from msma. It won't totally cover it up but it helps. Bermuda will always yellow some, but we use about 1 oz per gallon in a backpack and never have burn. Maybe you are mixing right but applying too heavy? You can get away from the discoloration by using Drive, a lot more expensive but makes customers happy.
  5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

what rate do you all use for drive 75 mixed with a gallon of water? right now im mixing one oz per gallon. Also I have some MSO what would be a good rate to use that with the drive per gallon. Thanks

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

what was the temp when u sprayed? and has it rained latley
  7. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

The temps were in the 80's when I sprayed. I probably got it a little too wet. I used 1 scoop of the water soluable powder msma in a 4 gallon back pack sprayer with sticker. Thanks for the help, Tony