MSMA ane threeway

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by green with envy, Jul 26, 2005.

1. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

Hi Guys I have a couple of customers that have a lot of broadleaf and Crabgrass. I'm just taking these over....

IT has been hotter that hel* for the past three weeks we got nice rain today and will be getting more rain tonight,, The high tomorrow will be mid 70's and low 80's for the next two days after. I'm looking to spray mid day when the temps reach 70.

My question is..... has anyone spayed MSMA and three way together?
    The label does not mention it at all my guy at Lesco said it if fine together.
    I'm looking for your experiences.

Thanks !!

Mike

2. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

Hey Green With Envy I Sent You A Pm On The Subject . Im Me Back I Missed A Thing Or 2 In The Pm

3. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

P.M has been sent.

Thanks!

4. MSMA plus 3-way is already packaged and sold as Trimec Plus. Or you could use Drive 75 to control your broad leafs and crabgrass.

MSMA isn't forgiving at all if you use it while air temps are near 85 degree's. So I would use Drive.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

You can use them together just fine, but they have different temp ranges.

In hot weather, Three-way is actually more of a concern with turf burn than MSMA. Once last year I spot sprayed Three-way at 90 degrees, and can tell you the burn can be severe. Three-way is not supposed to be applied above 85 degrees, however MSMA needs the temps to be 80-90 to be most effective. By nature MSMA will often burn turf but you can help prevent most of that by adding Iron to the mix.

If the temp was 80 degrees, you'd be just about ideal to use them together.

6. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

The MSMA/3 way is actually a pretty good mix if the weather conditions are like you describe. Just be careful mixing or you'll end up with 200 gallons of MSMA pudding.

7. /Homer Simpson Voice On

HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm. MSMA Pudding....

8. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Drive herbicide will give better control of crabgrass with the added benefit of some broadleaf weed control. You can also tank mix with this with Three-way or Momentum for broader control.