msma restrictions?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Sep 1, 2012.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Not always the case.. I know of suppliers that sell as much as u want ( long as its in stock) to whoever wants it. Cash money no paper trails to ever lead to u
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

There is a paper trail where supplier bought it...Don't think for a minute they wouldn't stab you in the back of their feet were held to the fire.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

whats the chances of this happening?

4. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

And if the supplier does not know u by name..... good luck to them or even trying to prove It wwould b pretty hard... its went on for years here... not suggesting it but many sprayers here still use it like it wasn't even banned....
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

All the time. MSMA is easy to get, using it is the hard part. I do not like it anyways, not a consistant product. Will burn places for no reason.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, there is a reason.

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

It is not easily obtained here anymore. My supplier has a half pallet that I see every time I go in. They could sell it to me...but not without a paper trail. I don't want a fine and they don't want to lose their ability to sell other products, so everyone(They, me and the Arkansas State Plant Board) all have an understanding. They don't offer to sell it to me, and I don't ask them to. If it is that easy for you to get in your state, then the enforcement division of your Ag Dept. is more "Lame" than ours. That's pretty hard to believe.

I've seen MSMA burn areas, but it was never for no reason. I won't go into all the reasons this might have happened in your situation but will instead use an "umbrella" reason and just say it was due to "applicator error" and lack of experience.

I hate to see MSMA go. It is an awesome tool that will be missed by me and many other responsible applicators.

I still have 30 gallons that by what I've read here should be worth a small fortune.:laugh:

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Amateur...I put that stuff out with my permagreen!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

...that's another way to say it. :laugh:

I've applied it with all types of application equipment including a PG when I used to have one. Always excellent results. I just applied some a week ago with my Z-spray. Every time there was ever a problem, it was an oversight on my part.
    Many factors have to be taken into consideration when applying MSMA.
    Weather,temps,overall condition of lawn and the list goes on.

Finally, you must be familiar and confident with the equipment you are using and have some "finesse" while applying.

Forgiveness for inattention to details was never one of MSMA's traits.

10. clemsonturf

clemsonturf LawnSite Member
    from SC

:laugh::laugh:

goodness...

You people make a mountain of a mole hill here, until you see a big "R" on the front of the jug...I wouldn't be too concerned with it.