Msma?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by recliner5, Aug 29, 2006.

1. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I want to spray for weeds with Super Brush Killer and spray for crabgrass with MSMA. My question is which spray should I use first Super Brush or MSMA? Does it really matter which order. I want to do in next several weeks. Thanks Terp

2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i dont know what 'Super Brush Killer' is but probably is a non selective? in which case you would only need the one spray.

msma on crabgrass this time of season will most likely need 2-3 applications

you want to do it within the next several weeks? when is your first frost?

3. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Super Brush killer is broadleaf killer buy it at Co-op.
    I don't know what you mean by non selective.
    Should get a good frost after Thanksgiving.

4. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

ok
    non selective means the product does not select what it kills. as in something like the product round-up

broadleaf weed killers are selective. they only kill the weeds listed on their label (when applied correctly)

thats why i said that if Super Brush Killer was non selective you wouldnt need the msma....it would kill everything it came in contact with including the crabgrass. but since it is a selective product (kind of a funny name for a broadleaf weed control product?) you will need the crabgrass control.

reason i asked when you expect a frost....the frost will kill the crabgrass. end of Nov is a long way away to wait for the frost (we generally see a frost by mid Oct here)

so to answer your original question which you should use first....wouldnt make a difference. if you have some experience appling these products perhaps it would just be easier to mix the 2 products into one sprayer...kill 2 birds with one stone