MSRP Difference on 44" vs 48" LHP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Helimon, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Helimon

Helimon LawnSite Member

I have been waiting a couple of weeks to get my hands on a demo 44" LHP. However, it has been out on loan to someone whose machine is being fixed. I am trying to be patient, but it keeps getting harder :(

I was considering the 44"LHP 17KA. I am a homeowner and will use it to cut my yard and my mom's yard. So not a lot of heavy use. However, I can get a 48" demo probably a lot sooner. After talking with a couple of people I am wondering if the 48" might be ok. What is the difference in MSRP? Also, what is the difference in the trim capacity of the two mowers?

Thanks,

Matthew

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Helimon,

Unless you have 45" or 49" gates to go thru, why not jump to a 52"??? The price cant be too much more, if it is, you GET much more for your money (More HP, more speed, MUCH better trim side offset).

Trim side is almost NON-existant on a 44", and is only marginally better on a 48".

What size properties are we talking about here?

If they're small, you may be better suited to a walk behind mower.

Not to mention, resale value of a 52" will be much higher due to a much higher demand for said deck size.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Matthew,

Sorry to hear you’re having difficulty getting a demo of the 44" model.

The 48" does have about 2" of trim capacity. The 44" really doesn't have enough to even mention. It's enough to keep the tires off of trees, walls and other objects your mowing next to but that’s about it.

The 48" does have a few other advantages. It actually has better traction due to the wider stance of the drive tires. It also comes standard with canister air filter, foot lift assist and a cup holder as well. The 44" is an excellent machine but the 48" does have a few more bells and whistles.

Send me an e-mail to terry.eckert@exmark.com and I'll see if there is another 44" available in your area for demo.

Thanks

Terry

4. Helimon

Helimon LawnSite Member

Terry,

Thanks for the information on the differences between the 44" and the 48". If you can provide MSRP differences between the 2 I might just jump to the 48" for the trim capacity alone.

Thanks,

Matthew

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Matthew,

Pricing can vary greatly from region to region so you'll need to contact your local dealer but you can ball park a 44/17 at around $6500 and a 48/20 at around $7000.

Thanks

Terry