MSRP vs. Actual Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turtle II, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Turtle II

Turtle II LawnSite Member

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer.

I have been reading on and off here for a few years, this site is great.
    I am finally getting ready to be done working for uncle sam.
    It would figure just when I am ready to buy my first Z, both leading manufactures, IMO, come out with new decks the very same year.

I was undecided between exmark and hustler and leaning towards exmark.
    With all the problems I see concerning the new exmark deck, it has tilted the scales for me to go with Hustler.

Can I get some knowledge / opinions concerning price.

If this is the posted MSRP,
    Super Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 52", SUSP seat. SZ25KAW52SSA (926972) $10,099

What should I expect the actual out the door price to be???
    Knock about 2 grand off this price shown???

More / Less ???

I hope some old pro's out there can chime in with some guidance on this for me.

Been saving hard the past few years,
    Got my rig and a small trailer, all the hand tools and gadgets, now I just need to finish this last piece of the puzzle...

Attached is pic of my set-up so far,
    I guess I really was leaning towards exmark,,, (red theme) I feel a hustler will do equally as well, But I sure ain't gonna turn around and get a yellow rig and trailer to match - - - :D

Hope everyone is doing good & keeping things smooth, and thanks to all the "old-heads" who share so much knowledge and great advice here...

Turtle II :cool:
    Eastern NC

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Most dealers quote me a price about $2000 or more off list on the 27 and 28 hp Z's so that should give you a good starting point. There can be a price difference of several hundred dollars depending on which dealer you speak to. Call or talk to 4 or 5 and bargin a little
  3. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer had a 26HP liquid cooled kawi, xr-7 deck, 60", flex forks, suspension seats, super z tagged for $8900.00. That sounded good to me, but I hear the 26 liquid cooled are weak engine. That's just an example I figured would help.

-Nick Howard
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Get a toro to match the rig! Toro's turboforce deck is proven! Do a search.
  5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

beware for the nex exmark decks, toro is a better choice (unless the eXmark is an ultracut deck)
  6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i can tell you one thing you will find a super z for ALOT less but the 52" super z is more expensive then the 60"...why not go with a 60" especially if cheaper

Super Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 52", SUSP seat. SZ25KAW52SSA (926972) $10,099
    Super Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 60", SUSP seat. SZ25KAW60SSA (926980) $9,799

OR (which i would HIGHLY reccomend) go with a 60" with a XR7 deck for only 100$ more then the 52"

Super Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 60" XR7, SUSP seat. SZ25KAW60XR7SSA (927889) $10,199

and as far as exmark...i would for sure stay away for a while or until the get the deck problem fixed perminatly...if you want somethin to match the rig get a toro there GREAT and the turboforce deck ROCKS (i have one myself 52" 27hp)! and they will be cheaper then the hustler
  7. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

get the hustler and just put yellow signs on the truck and trailer.
  8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Hustler is still having thier share of problems even with the fix in Northern grasses. Now I'm seeing several reports of 28 efi problems that the dealer can't figure out. He should be fine with the Southern grasses even though puppypaws in North Carolina is reporting he has seen the problem when mowing blue grass and fescue but not to a large extent. It would be nice to wait a year on a Huster or Exmark to make sure all problems are worked out. Scag and Toro seem to be the only ones with no reports of deck problems out of this group.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

In 5 years I have never owned a Z, all I have are Wb's. And at that price you can forget it, for that kind of money I'll own a tractor long before I ever get a Z cauz my red neck ain't paying 7 thousand dollars more just for the luxury of sitting my tail down.

We're cutting grass here, 3 thousand dollars is enough money to pay for a mower.

I keep trying to tell them, nobody ever listens.
    No wonder they all go bust in their first year.
    Which is good, actually.
  10. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

The more I read about pricing elsewhere, the more convinced I gotta move! Around here, dealers usually add on $300 - $500 more than MSRP listed on manufacturers' websites (at least Cub Tanks/Lesco Z-Two).