MSU:Water lightly and frequently during summer?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by slash8118, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

well this started as an interesting thread, you guys should park your egos for awhile and bring it back on course.

Here's my backyard-I've been pumping water through my hose for weeks.

The weather here has been brutal. Intense heat with ZERO rain. This is the 11th day at 90 or above.

My irrigated lawns are not even close to being this green.

I must admit I have, on occasion watered at night.

I've been letting it really shag up between cuts.

stripes 2012 002.jpg

2. ChiTownAmateur

ChiTownAmateur LawnSite Senior Member

The clearest lesson I have learned on this site, in some part from your comments and criticism, is that understanding "basic concepts" is not enough to be any good at lawn maintenance and renovation. Generalities do not apply to specific situations in many cases.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent point and excellent lawn... The nice thing about a hose is that every small spot recieves individual treatment...

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That is like I like to whiz outside. You should train your dogs that way too.

5. Smallaxe

I'm not talking to you, plumber... leave me alone...

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Post on public forums is fair game. Besides I make more than plumbers as they are afraid of wires and know nothing about soil or plants.

There experience is about crap which reminds me about some post I have seen of yours.

Again, I was willing to work with you on things until you saw fit to mock proven and licenses training.

7. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeez, really guys? GOOD NEWS, Soaking rain on the way up from the gulf-I'm prepumping water right now so the turf, trees and plants are can take full potenial of this hopefull sign. Hope all of you in need of moisture get some.

8. Smallaxe

Every time I look at the forecast we get downgraded from 60% chance of rain Saturday... right now its 30%... :(

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Our 10 day forecast shows our best chance for rain is only 50% on one day only.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Yep 10 day forecast is not encouraging.
    Burn baby, burn.....