MT 52 on it's side

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by orionkf, Apr 7, 2007.

1. orionkf

orionkf LawnSite Member

I rolled an MT on it's side today, got it upright, and it wouldn't start back up. The starter engaged, but wouldn't really turn it over. Volt meter reads normal. I've never had equipment off it's wheels/tracks before, so I'm not sure what to expect. Do I just need to give it more time to let all the fluids get back to normal? Anybody experienced anything like this? Any help appreciated.

2. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Did it actually crank? like....you can hear the engine rotating? or was just the starter clicking?

If the engine WON'T crank, it sounds like you have hydro lock. Most likely engine oil back fed through the breather. Take the spark plug out and crank it over. If it's a diesel, you can remove the injectors, or possibly just wait and try again later.. enough fluid might drain back.

3. orionkf

orionkf LawnSite Member

The engine (diesel) definitely cranked. I almost thought it was going to fire up a couple of times.

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a chance you got an air bubble (or several) in the fuel line. Could be something completely different, but if you thought it was going to start there's a chance that it's an air bubble. You can crack the injectors and bleed them out, but you'd be better off calling the dealer and finding out what the specifics are on bleeding the system.

Don't know how to do it on an MT, but for a 753, you need to crack the bleeder valve on top of the fuel filter and squeeze the bulb that is in-line on the fuel line until no more air bubbles come out. After that, there's a round knob (it's a valve) somewhere (can't tell you exactly where, but I could definately show you), that you open while squeezing the bulb and then close it before you stop squeezing the bulb. Repeat that until you get resistance, then it should fire up. Again, this is for a 753, not an MT. They might be similiar, but I don't know for sure...

HTH.

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It sounds to me like a air problem!!!!

6. orionkf

orionkf LawnSite Member

The thing that has me worried is that it won't keep cranking. It will turn over a few times, then quits. Try the key again, and it gets like half a crank, like the battery gave out. Guess I'll have to remember the jumper cables on Monday.

I dunno, hopefully it's the battery, or air in the system, because I do know how to bleed the line and reprime the system. Thanks for the help everybody.

7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you own it or is it a rental? Hope it's a rental and you got the damage waiver!!

8. orionkf

orionkf LawnSite Member

Own it. Only had it a few months and I also managed to break a track on it too. Less than 300 total hours on it. Hopefully I won't be renting again on Monday.

9. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is a mt
    mike

10. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

Mini Skid Steer by Bobcat