MT55 In Enclosed Trailer?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by newtostone, Apr 24, 2008.

1. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have 20' Continental Cargo Enclosed trailer. Now i would like to load a MT55 bobcat with a Harley rake on it. Has anyone done thing? I am just afraid crushing my door? The weight of the MT55 comes in about 2700 plus rake. Please help me out if anyone has done this of something in the same weight area where all the weight is on the door at once. The trailer is a 7k GVW. Thanks
  2. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

Is it a "cargo trailer" or a "car hauler"? If it is a car hauler you should definitely be fine but I am assuming its a cargo trailer because thats kind of a low GVW for a car hauler. What is the door made of?
  3. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

we have our mt-52 in our trailer and as long as you have a tandem axle trailer it will be fine.
  4. newtostone

from NY

Never had any problems with your rear door? I am not concerned about the weight once in the trailer just having that much weight at once on my rear ramp. and the mowers are only about 1500 with rider.
  5. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

i load my dingo (2200lbs) in my cargo(7000 gvw), the ramp door is rated at 2000lbs. it worries me too. i do it as least often as possible. 2700lbs...i wouldn't!
  6. newtostone

from NY

Anyone else? I would love to put it in my dump trailer but I don't have ramps for that.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I had my trailer ramp door reinforced when i ordered it b/c they said it would not hold up to repeated loading and unloading of a 2,000lb Boxer. I would think you could do it once or twice, but i would guess that you would eventually mess up the door with that much weight. Even with a car hauler, the car is not putting all its weight on the door at one time. the front is in the trailer by the time the rear tires hit the ramp. it is probally seeing less than 2,000lbs at one time where as you are putting all 3,000lb on it at one time.
  8. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I think you should have your ramp reinforced first because the weight loading and unloading will brake your ramp within a week. My Ditch Witch SK broke one of my trailer ramps unloading on a site and I knew it was only a matter of time. Good Luck, but I wouldn't do it if I were you....JMO
  9. 5.0

5.0 LawnSite Member

If its a decent trailer, you should be fine. We put a 753 Bobcat w/4n1 bucket in our Dawson 20' enclosed trailer. Only damage is we broke off the domelight inside. :hammerhead: I think I've got some pics somewhere...