1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

MTD PRO Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Floridamower, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Floridamower

Floridamower LawnSite Member

Please help anyone, I have a MYD Pro 2554 and I am trying to locate some blades for it. The local dealer has them every once in a blue moon Landscaper supply does not have any my size the size is as followed 18.5 long with a 3/4 center hole. The local dealer does not even have gator blades. If anyone of you guys know where I can get gator blades please help sharpening blades every night is getting old fast. thanks alot guys or girls.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Go to Lesco, they sell the same mower, only it is green. They have Gators in stock for that mower normally.

3. Floridamower

Floridamower LawnSite Member

Landscaper supply has the Lesco blades but they are 18" long and only have a 5/8 hole. help

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

How about John Deere, they have a 3/4" hole in them. Call JD and see if they have that length and size hole. So MTD and Lesco use different spindles? That seems odd.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

try these numbers at a dealer that handles silver streak mower parts...
    91-164 and 91-714 these blades are for a dixon mower..the second number being a high lift blade. these blades will have two holes extra in them for a different bolt application but they will work fine for you.
    then...
    91-440 this number is a cub cadet replacement blade for 54" mower decks....
    as cub, lesco and mtd pro are all the same unit, you should not have a problem...
    these numbers match the dimensions you listed..
    and you could try a dixon dealer and a cub dealer, as the 54" garden tractor deck is the same as your unit.

6. WALKERMOW

WALKERMOW LawnSite Member

call MOW MORE landscape supplies @ 1-800-866-9667 for a 54 in the part # is-CC18 price is 8.90 per blade
    http://www.MOWMORE.COM they do not have online ordering, you must call

7. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Home depot sells MTD or cub. we had lesco mowers in our HD last year. Ya never know.

[Edited by excel25 on 09-08-2000 at 12:12 PM]

8. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

John deere does have a 54" deck, because i have one. I'm not sure on what size hole it has.

I want to get the gator blades but lesco tells me that john deere 54" is not listed so they don't have them. and landscape supply says they take 19 1/2. Which is not right. my blades are 18 1/2.