1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MTD PRO / LESCO Lawn Renovator Pros/Cons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Oct 15, 2000.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

This weekend, I had an opportunity to demo the MTDPRO overseeder / Lawn renovator. This is basically the same machine from Lesco. The Lesco had an 8 hp Honda while the MDTPRO had an 8 hp Kawasaki. The machine I used had been driven hard and put away wet by prior demo users.

I over seeded two properties and the machine worked like a charm. I really liked the way it dethatched and renovated the soil and the even seed distribution. The machine did a great nice job.

I would appreciate comments if y'all may own this machine or similar. I really need one of these in my inventory.

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

They are nice BUT on the big money renovations(brand new construction with uneven soil) I found it to work fair at best. But it is an awesome machine even on slopes as long as it isn't bumpy. Also you can use less seed (read...more $$$ for you) since the seed to soil contact is optimal.
  3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

Dhick: picked one up used for 1800 two yr. ago ,nice mechine,(lesco brand) only problems were main belts,and en-gaugement cable breaks,also the belt guide bolt snaps.
    outher then that it a well built mechine.

do a serch on the mechine,last winter there were posts on it.
    this year i did not even start the mechine ,all the reno.work was done with my core aerator.