1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MTD Pro ZTR ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowohio, Feb 21, 2000.

1. mowohio

mowohio LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experiences with the &quot;new&quot; MTD Pro ztr? They look like a well built machine with a reasonable price.<br>Thanks.
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i would not touch any commercial equipment made by mtd... i have owned several peices of mtd equipment and it is built so dam cheap. the machanical parts seem to be alright but its the cheesey controls and small parts that are built so flimsy. when i started my buissness i used alot of mtd because it was what was cheap.... enough said. got rid of it all very fast! for a 1000 bucks more you can get a quality ztr like a exmark, toro or bobcat. stick with one of them and you can go wrong.
  3. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R LawnSite Member
    from ny

or SCAG, try the Turf Tiger, the rest are all good mowers too.
  4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

When you are earning your LIVING, your family's source of income, why would you want to aquire less than the best equipment?<p>It would be paramount to shopping for a surgeon based on price.<p>Shop around, sure. Compare prices and features, sure. But to settle for anything less than the best seems crazy.
  5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

MTD bought out Ferris in December
  6. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

I think your are wrong on MTD buying out Ferris. I think that Ransomes the parent company bought Ferris but is allowing Ferris to exist as a totally seperate unit(in other words they can continue to paint the mowers red until they run out of paint)<p>What was said earlier about buying the best is true but the best for you might be that MTD. It not price alone that you have to consider but also dealer service too
  7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Simplicity bought Ferris
  8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

your right, i just read about 2 days ago in lawn and landscape magazine that simplicity bought out ferris.
  9. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I am not always right,butt I am never wrong.<br>
  10. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

Hey MowOhio, <br>Where in Ohio do you live???? I live in Hudson.<br>