1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

MTD Pro

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bobac, Jun 21, 2003.

1. bobac

bobac LawnSite Member

Im just starting out in the business and i found a MTD Pro with a 52" deck. It has 20 hours on it. What are you opinions on this mower. And does any body have any pics of this.

2. lawnboyil

lawnboyil LawnSite Member

mtd pro is the same thing as a lesco mower but just different paint. thats it we have 48" hydro not too many problems with ti

alex

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 48" MTD Pro, hydro with a 16 briggs, runs/cuts great.

4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

While we're on this topic, I found a guy that wants to sell me an mtd with a 38" blade and with a bagging system for $500, he says it's 5 or 6 years old. He says it runs great. I basically need a real cheap riding mower to get me through the rest of the season. I don't know anything about mtd's...what do you guys think?

5. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

5 or 6 year old 38" MTD rider? Prolly didn't pay mush more then $500 for it new. This would not be an MTD Pro, but a homeowner model and thus not as sturdy. If you gotta ahave it offer him $300 and that's prolly too much.

6. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I'm thinking too! I think I'll pass this one up and wait for a better deal. Thanks for the info!