1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

MTD PRo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobac, Jun 21, 2003.

1. bobac

bobac LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys know anything about the MTD Pro walkbehind mowers. I have a chance to buy won with 20 hours on it and it have a 52" deck, all for 2300.

2. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

Doesn't sound bad, It's the same mower as Lesco. Both are built by the same basic company. I've also been looking for a W/B abd 2300.00 sounds real good.

Good Luck!

3. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

I guess that price sounds about fair. You might try and offer $2,000 and just see what happens. Just for comparison, two weeks ago I bought a Toro Proline 48" belt drive 15 hp Kawasaki walkbehind brand new for $2,795. MTD Pro's are ok I guess. I've just never been a very big fan of their products. I'm mainly talking about their residential mowers, like the Yard Machines, Yardman, etc. The dealer I bought my new Toro through carries MTD Pro, Cub Cadet, Toro, and White Outdoor. I took a quick glance at the MTD Pro's but really didn't give them much consideration. From what I saw, they were around $300 or so less than comparable Toro models. But, that really wasn't enough to sway my decision. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.