1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MTD pro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chief5139, Nov 10, 2003.

1. chief5139

chief5139 LawnSite Member

I have another question for you guys out there how is the MTD Pro ztr mower if it is anything like there lawn equipment wich does not have a very good reputation it can't be very good. if you don't own one and just know how they are just let me know i am very interested:blob3: :D
  2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

try a search for lesco or cub cadet commercial. They are made in the same factory with MTD pro. These amchines are a big step up from the homeowner MTD sold at walmart.
  3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have one and a few other guys here have them too. Do a search for my name and you will see my comments. Cantoo
  4. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

my son in law had one mows great would hold a hill like you would not believe but the deck starts blowing out around 300 hrs. allways replacing belts, his p.m. could have been better real poor dealer support in our area anyway.
  5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Find anyone on the site with Cub Cadet Commericial or Lesco. EXCACT same mower, different colors. Just like Jacobsen ZTRs are the same as Bunton ZTRs (almost like bobcat)
  6. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

FORD = Found On Road Dead
    FORD = Fix or Repair Daily
    MTD = Made to Die
    MTD = Metal That Distorts
    MTD = Most Turdish DontBuyOne
    MTD = Might Take a Dump!!!!!
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I got mtd pro ztr jr. new and real CHEAP sold it to a guy down the rd. and he mows a 7 acre field that he calls a yard every week for the last 3 yrs. I talk to him all the time and he loves it. Never had a problem or repair he just wishes it had a bigger deck came with a 48
  8. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

MTD=Mowers That Don't...
  9. chief5139

chief5139 LawnSite Member

MTD-modern tool and distaster