MTD Pro !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JRSlawn, Aug 15, 2004.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use any mtd pro products? I saw this 21 mtd pro 6 speed. Real nice for 200.00 new. What do you think?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

MTD and "Pro" used in the same sentence is a joke. Buy Toro or Honda Commerical and remember unless you are buying it for home owner use....$200 you get what you pay for and $200 don't buy much at all.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

hey now, whats wrong with this money making MTD Pro?:)

36 frankinmachine 002.jpg

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

its funny when people knock MTD Pro, when basically Lesco, Cub, Bobcat ( I think), and many other products are MTD Pro

5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

this ower is no home owner mower. It has a 6.5 kawi on it. I have had two honda both lasted for a year thn transmisson went out on both.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen the Mtd "pro" 21 myself... If it's what your talking about, you're basically buying an excellent Kawasaki engine attached to a Hunk of Dung mower... They were selling em' at Sam's club I looked at it, it reeked of POS, with a nice motor. I know, I know, I haven't owned one, so It may not be appropriate to comment:rolleyes: , But I'd hate to see someone waste good money on that buzzard.

This said, though, I've looked at the Lesco ( MTD PRO ) WB's and ZTR's, and they look like great equipment, I may buy one of their 36's next spring...

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

My MTD snowthrower kicks @ss! if that counts. I fly past my buddy with his dealer bought "more commercial" thrower. i did pay $1100 at home depot for it, and was well worth it.

8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob-Cat mowers are made by Jacobsen. They are NOT in any way related to MTD pro. I love my Bob-Cat!!!!!! However lesco and cub cadet commercial are made by MTD pro.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ok, these are theirs for sure, went to their web site:
    Cub Cadet, Cub Commerical, MTD, Yard-Man, Troy-Built, Ryobi, Yard Machines, Bolens, White Outdoor, and Mc Culloch.

10. asyracus

asyracus LawnSite Member

I owned the very same mower you're talking about. The transmission broke on me within a couple of weeks. Do a search for 21" MTD Pro, and you'll probably find the exact same post. Everyone agrees that it's an excellent motor on a POS mower.