Mtd Will not meet its warranty

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Last night, we purchased an MTD 21" lawnmower blade for our mower, the EXACT same model number as the blade that came with the mower. We put the new blade on this morning before doing our jobs and it cut the baffoling under the mower into pieces, and MTD says that it is not their problem and will not replace the blade or the baffoling because they are too cheap, and who says that to their customers that it is not their problem and they will not replace it? Anyone else have any problem with MTD?

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Did MTD install the blade for you?

3. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

MTD does!!!

Why would they warrent a throw away mower. They are cheap replaceable homeowner mowers. If they didnt do the work... it's not their problem.
    Thats just the way it goes.

All_Clear

4. Dunn's

It was a $399.00 lawn mower with zero turn castersand I bvought it last year in august for non -commercial use I have only used it on 2 lawns commercially this year so yes they should abide by their warranty

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

not to be flip, but welcome to the world of mtd.:cry:

6. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to say but Your expecting to much!!!

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

many companies will void the warrenty if you use homeowners models commercially, or at least shorten them

get commercial grade mowers....

8. Dunn's

yes I know dave but they did not know I was using it commercially. but it is ok I'm buying a john deere I believe it is a js50 with zero turn all metal construction so no plastic baffle being destroyed by their brand lawn mower blade,and it has a better bagger that you can open from the back side so it is easier to dump. If any one has one of these mowers how are you satisfied with it!

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

call 330-225-7711 and ask to speak to one of the Mr. Mulls. There the grandsons of the late owner and now run the company. If you can't get through to them ask for a customer service rep.

10. Dunn's

They are the owners of mtd or john deere