1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

I know MTD is nothing but walmart crap, but i have seen some companys use cub cadet commercial. I believe cub cadet is an MTD. Does anyone have experience with this machines????
  2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Thats all I own, there good mowers, have no problems to date. I have a 48 w/b hydro, 60" and 72" ztr rider
  3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The cub cadet tanks are some bad ars machines. I think the only reason they arent more popular is perhaps availabilty of service.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I dunno about current cub cadet machines, but I own 2 from the late 90s with direct effect controls that are work horses and just won't quit. If they still made those machines, I wouldn't hesistate to purchase more. I am thinking about buying a tank, they look like fine machines. My dealer deals a lot in cub cadet and mtd and troybuilt machines, never had any problems with service or getting parts.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Lesco machine, a 48" belt drive walk behind, and it was made by MTD... I have no complaints on it.. it's been a real tough machine. Although I am selling it now cause I replaced it with a hydro machine, as seen in my avatar.. Anyway..... I think the MTD's you see at wal mart are not the same as the commercail quality ones they make........ Think they are just as solid as the Scags... at least that I have owned..
  6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

cubs are made by MTD.so is White and Yardman
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, believe it or not MTD is just about the largest manufactor of lawn care industry products. So there might be something that you are using right now that is put of MTD
  8. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I have a 52in. MTDpro hydro w/b. Love it. I bought it for the steep hills and such. As of now it is the only mower i am running. JD737 has been at the dealer for two weeks and this is the 4th time this season. Have not had any trouble out of the MTD. Seems to be a solid machine.
  9. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

The company I work for transports a lot of MTD products, (White, CubCadet, Yard machines, Troy bilt and others, from the Jackson, TN plant. I haven't seen any commercial tanks, or Lesco stuff It must be built elsewhere. I know that when the time comes, if I am still working here I will be trying to get a "supplier price" on a tank!!
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

One of my regrets revisited....

If I were in the marke for a Cub Tank, I'd just head down to Lesco and snatch a Z Two which is the same thing. Here the Cub's are pricey and the Lesco is so much cheaper for the same thing.

Last fall I made the trip to a Lesco since we don't have a local store. That fall sale was going on and they gave me a 30 day written quote on a 60" Z and a 48" hydro walkbehind.

Under 10 grand for both!!!

They didn't have both machines in stock for me to arrange a demo. I left the tiny store with a bad impression in my mind, dirty store, mower sitting around with flat tires ect... Eventually I talked myself out of the whole thin all together. A long way to drive for service, 2 mowers sitting around all winter earning me nothing, price too good to be true? ect...

Sometimes I regret not going back to arrange a demo atleast.