1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MTV Cribs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Just a quick "brag"....which I really don't do often.

One of our properties was featured on MTV's Cribs. It was one of the homes owned by Roy Jones Jr (PRO Boxer). They didn't really focus on the lawn, BUT never-the-less, it was on tv.

I'd post o pic, but now the lawn is dormant. They must have recorded the show in the summer.

Anybody work for celebs?
  2. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't worked for any celebs but one of my props was featured on the HGTV show Extreme Homes this summer. A real wild house the owner is a big wig architec(sp?) in New Orleans. They barely showed the lawn and landscape though.:( Still was pretty cool ! I could swear I remember someone saying they used to have OZZY as a customer.. not sure?
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I do 65hoss's lawn. Other than that, nobody special.

:D :D :D :D
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

They are luky he's funny! Did u see the episode when jack turned on the sprinkler on the peeping toms
  5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Is he that guy with the yellow face who is always sticking his tongue out - back and forth?

Your lucky, he's cool.
  6. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg LawnSite Member

I was flipping through National Geographic a few years ago and saw that one of my lawns was featured in an article. It was about the watershed and the effect of fertilizers leaching into streams. The account had a stream running through it but the lawn had never been fertilized when I was maintaining it. Kind of ironic.
  7. bearhunter01

bearhunter01 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

We do an apartment house that former Pers. Gerald Ford's mom leaved at and the lawn of a astronaut that flew two missions, but thats as close to stardome as I can get.
    By the way, If Mike Tyson is looking for lawn care, I would be interested, He has paid more for lawn care than he did in child support.:)
  8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done various basketball & football big shots. You never see them or deal with them you always land up talking to their maids or wives...I did a estimate for a Nascar racer.
  9. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

any idea which driver it was?
  10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure I know who it was.