Much better radio

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by gaither, Nov 18, 2007.

1. gaither

gaither LawnSite Member

2. crazymike

crazymike LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I use husquavarna ear muffs with built in radio and digital tuning

edit: clicked the link, these are decent and if you buy the $1100 pair they come with a free quick cut

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

how much are they? I cant seem to get a price to come up, keeps saying error.

4. gaither

gaither LawnSite Member

The cheapest i could find wa $119.

5. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the tip. I dropped my Peltors for the third time today. There is more duct tape on them now then I thought was possible. I'm going to want to get a new set before winter, so this will be the route I'm going. I can't stand cords too, that's the only reason I don't use an IPod.

6. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Man I don't see how you guys can wear those ear muff style radios. They would be just way to hot for me.

7. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

For a hundred $ or so, you can get a rolacover waterproof radio from agrisupply.com, mount it on your main mower, turn it up all the way, and hear it with earplugs in your ears. No one else hears it due to the noise of the machine! I don't listen to the radio when weed-whacking, who needs another distraction, while trying to get done quick?

8. Hiwire

Hiwire LawnSite Member

Some of you guys arent getting it. Its not all about comfort. Some of it is about having some ability to hear left when you are 40. It looks to me like the Huskies are not only a good radio but offer some decent hearing protection also. I have always worn some sort of hearing protection and spend most days on a bocat. I know I have some hearing loss but nothing like some of the younger guys that refuse to wear them because they are so tough. Dont underestimate what running a mower can do to your hearing.
    Ray

9. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Hiwire, I don't know who you are speaking of, but I know that I got the point, if you read my post you can see I said that I can hear my radio, even through earplugs. I wear the earplugs to protect my ears, I listen to the radio because it puts out better sound, and doesn't parboil my ears, like those damned headphones do.:waving:

10. Hiwire

Hiwire LawnSite Member

I read your post. I was refering to the people talking about using ipods. I dont think ipods are doing much to protect hearing.Ray