muck boots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Outback Designz, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Outback Designz

Outback Designz LawnSite Member

2. I wear ones like the feildmaster For hunting , i also have a pair that is just plain green that i use for blowing snow and snowmobleing , they are great they keep you feet dry and warm like they say, but if you sweat in them dry them out really well.

3. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

I just saw a commercial for farm and fleet today, they have rubber knee boots for $15 bucks....they look very much like my 150 dollar LaCrosse Burly 1200's, but cheap (not insulated I'm assuming, which is fine)

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I just use a very cheap pair from Tractor Supply (chain store). They are 14" tall and have last almost 3 winters and are still going strong. These are some of the few cheap things that have lasted for me. They cost about 15-20 dollars.

Gravely_Man

5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

They don't do too much for us guys down here. But I have a pair for some reason.

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys, i personally havent tried it yet but a few of my friends have, fire boots work great, you can buy them at any fire store and or galls.com. i know first hand when wearing them on fire or rescue calls that they work great, they come up high and are warm and keep you very dry.

7. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

Kevin,
    Muck boots are great, especially if you have to wear them all day. They really feel good to walk in.

8. Outback Designz

Outback Designz LawnSite Member

Thx guys for responses. Thinking of getting a pair for the wet grass in spring. Just bought a pair of asolo boots, but I like the price of muck boots better.

9. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I have a pair of the knee boots and the muck boot camp shoes and they are both great. I wear the shoes all summer with no socks and they are perfect. I even wear them with shorts. I like because my feet stay dry in the mornings when there is dew on the ground and if you get into some dog **** you can just spray em' off. The knee boots are perfect for riding four-wheelers or just playing around in the mud and cold. I got both pairs of mine from a sports store that I take care of and they will not disappoint I promise.

10. Awilkinson

Awilkinson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I don't have any yet, but my wife has both the tall ones and a shorter pair. She loves them. She never goes to the barn with out them.