1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

muck truck wheelbarrows?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by geoscaper, Aug 22, 2005.

1. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

Has anyone used these before? They claim they hold three times the material of a standard wheelbarrow, and they are motorized. They would be nice for solo ops who don't want to break their back day after day,
  2. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

we used one for a job we had with crushed red brick. 48 ton to be exact. Guy had about 700 linear feet of arbs x 6.5' wide. They did hold alot of material but were alot slower then filling 4 wheelbarrow's. basically the guys running wheelbarrows were making 2 times the trips as the motorized wheelbarrow.
  3. cuttingedgeland

cuttingedgeland LawnSite Member

We have (2) of them. Construction crew has one with a ball attachment. That is handy for moving the tow behind cement mixer around. Side work/ Planting crew uses the other one. They are a big time saver.. Had a few problems with the Throttle/ Choke & carb on both. They work out nicely for we areas, moving lots of mulch, stone etc. Labor is not cheep so what can be done to make the job more profitible is a good investment in my opinion. You should definately get the extended side extentions if you are planning on getting one.
  4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Muck Truck 1/4 Ton Buggy w/ 5.5 HP Honda Motor with 6 cu ft Bucket SKU mucktruck $2,399.00..................think i'd just build one, shouldn't be hard to cut the price in 1/2 and still use a Honda
  5. landscape dude

landscape dude LawnSite Member

I was at a landscape expo awhile back and saw a smaller company that has made a wheelbarrow attatchment for mini skids. This seems like it could be a cheaper option, if you have a mini skid. I got their web address so you can check them out for different options. www.forkster.com
  6. Dub's Shrubs

Dub's Shrubs LawnSite Member

I have whats called a transport tub from JRCO it's mounted on the my 52" walkbehind hold 7.5 cu ft. I had it fill with 1.5 crushed stone to the to and my walkbehind handled it just fine and it's olny $300 or $400. If you want to see it go to ( www.jrcoinc.com) the site gives all the spec.