1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ianc, Oct 26, 2001.

1. ianc

ianc LawnSite Member

I don't know how other folks are coaping with the rain in the last 2 weeks - we are crapped out for much of this week - hope for frost to tighten up the ground.

2. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Ian,
    Looks like you are having so much fun. Remember making mud pies as a kid?
  3. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Looks like a mess. Hey, thats the picnic/BBQ/steel structure thing you had posted a line drawing of awhile ago, isn't it?

Looks great so far!

Looks like a fun project to work on!
  4. ianc

ianc LawnSite Member

Yes - it's the same project - we had a crane come in to lift the roof so we could fasten it to the post/arm
    Cost a fortune for engineering (needed 60lbs per sq ft snow load)
    the township wouldnt allow a Canopy witout a zoning change - so we called it a gazebo and they accepted it. Still trying to figure out what roof surface to use - the client is anti wood - will probeble use a metal roof
  5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Wish that's all we had to deal with right now... about 8cm of snow and freezing ground here in Alberta... we have 4 projects that need sod to finish... thinking about trucking it in from BC.

Your project looks like a nice size job...post pics when your done!
  6. eskals

eskals LawnSite Member

That whole roof/canopy/gazebo thing is supported by just ONE column?:eek: No kidding on the engineering costs, I am sure that thing is an engineering nightmare.

Now I'll have to search the archives for the other thread with the drawing.

7. ianc

ianc LawnSite Member

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I love mud! We deal with it all year here because of those German rains all the time. It seems this place never really dries up. I have soem good mud pictures with our stuck equipment on my web site.

I though thats what this thread was going to be about.

That project looks like an awesome one. Please post pics as you go. I really like the "gazebo" ;)
  9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

you sure do have some good mud pics guido. i especially like the one of the bobcat in the creek and the other loader getting stuck trying to get it out.