Muffler keeps burning hose????

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by rhowerton, Aug 29, 2006.

1. rhowerton

rhowerton LawnSite Member

I have a 50 gallon sprayer and the muffler has burnt the hose 3 times. It seems like something other than the bar that easily get moved around would protect the hose from the muffler. Wouldn't it make good sense to put a cage or something around it. I was spraying around 20,000 square feet and happened to be in the back of the yard when evidently the hose hit the muffler. I must have sprayed out about 5 gallons of target right on the front of the yard. I am quiet sure it will be dead when I come back on Thursday. Anyone have any ideas. Anyone from Lescoe would be great. By the way, my guys in Winston-Salem are great to deal with.

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

First off, thanks for the positive feedback on the guys in Winston-Salem.

As for the issue with your sprayer, I mentioned it to our equipment product manager, and he explained that the sprayer should have a heat shield over the muffler. If that heat shield is there, obviously it can still get enough to melt a hose. If it's not, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Bob

3. rhowerton

rhowerton LawnSite Member

My sprayer has a bar just under the hose reel, but it is moveable. It is about 5 inches above the muffler leaving ample room for the hose to hit the muffler. If it is suppose to have a cage or something around the muffler, i haven't seen one around here with one on it. Thanks for any help. I don't want to have any more splices in the hose if at all possible.

Rob

4. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

I use some small bungee cords to keep the hose away from muffler, works great. I also use them to keep the hoses steady also, they tend to shake a little to much for me, so I keep them steady. Mine our Lesco tanks also.