mulch and gravel landscape

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, May 22, 2008.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone have any pics of landscaping that they did were there is all mulch but with couple different little spots of stone or gravel instead of bark. ive seen it done an looks pretty cool. but lot of people i talk to about it say they have never seen it so been trying to get pics so that i can show them.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have any pics, but I know what your talking about. Small sections of different shape intermingled in mulch beds.

I still haven't found the right customer to try that with. You can get pretty creative with it.

Give me about 6 months and I'll have my rock garden done. I'm planning on using metal edging and about 3-6 different colors. I don't think I'm going to plant any flowers in it, so I'll probably skip the mulch.

3. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

here are two pics from landscaping i did at my dads house. I have done it at another two properties, and really like the way it turned out.

after 1.jpg

after 5.jpg

4. JTS Landscaping lawn

thanks for the pics so far they look pretty cool redoak. im actually thinking of putting some in my landscape still not sure were yet ill post soon as i do. youll have to post some pics of it white gardens when your done. keep the pics coming

5. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but....

paradise.jpg

6. White Gardens

7. JTS Landscaping lawn

thats pretty nice job you did there

8. White Gardens

Thanks, it wasn't too bad. I didn't like how the metal edging bows a little when you drive the stakes in, I'm all about strait lines. But, the homeowner loved it and it was exactly what he was looking for.

9. White Gardens

That looks awesome. I wished I lived in FL sometimes only because I like tropical plants. There is some things we can grow around here with a similar look but it doesn't neccisarily fit with the enviroment.

10. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

Thanks, it will look alot better once the trees and plants fill out.