mulch and top soil install esitmate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SOS Landscaping, Jun 23, 2008.

1. SOS Landscaping

SOS Landscaping LawnSite Member

I just got a call to do a mulch and top soil install. 17yards of top soil and 8 yards of black hardwood mulch. Guy had pavers installed and they did pavers around the mulch beds so the only edging i need to do is around a tree which would be an 8' circle. The customer also has a pool that is edged with 3/8" red stone there is 3yards of stone that he wants moved to around his deck which is about 100' away at its farthest point. I figured moving the rock would take about 4 hours and odd cleanup would be 2 more hours so a total of 6 hours clean up. I said the job would be about 1.5-2days and he said he figured the same thing. Guy is very picky so he is willing to pay for a good job. I also talked him into a weekly lawn maintenance contract by telling him I would help him out on the price a little bit. I came out with a price I would normally do without the lawn care and a price break for giving him the lawn care. I want to hear what you guys would charge for the the whole job to see if I am close, once I get a few replies well see where I ended up
    So 4hours moving stone, 2hours cleanup job, 17yards topsoil and 8yards black hardwood mulch

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

You own all of that equipment, yet don't know how to put together a mulch bid?

6 hours of labor for my guys at 45-60$ per hour.
    17 yards of soil at 90/yd = 1530
    8 yards mulch at 80/yd = 640

$2530

3. nograss

nograss LawnSite Member

17 yards top soil= more of less 119 wheel barrows at 35-40 hr, 6 hours other labor 35-40 hr, plus 80.00 yard for the mulch. mulch included in price. plus treflan before mulch $100.00, plus fert plants before mulch $100.00 +/-. ps there's people that would charge a heck of alot more. Also some guy here is installing black for $50.00 yard. cost him $30.00 big profit.

4. SOS Landscaping

SOS Landscaping LawnSite Member

no my bid is already typed up on my computer. I just wanted to see if I fit inline with what everyone else would quote. I came in if it was a one time deal for $2,950 and giving him a good price would come in at $2,525.. So with you comment Im right on the ball with your pricing which is what I wanted to see