Mulch Bed Edger

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ericsteiner925, Apr 11, 2014.

1. ericsteiner925

ericsteiner925 LawnSite Member

I have a ton of mulch jobs lined up and I do not want to use a shovel. I've done it before. I'm curious if you guys can give me some options on edgers. Something that is good, and affordable, that won't cost me a leg and a arm to get.

Thank you so much

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Theres too many too list. I have a Brown they can be had used for around 1200$ or 2500$ new. I think Echo has one on a stick for around 6oo$ but I don't know how good it is.

3. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Tanaka stick edger...it's ok...but...nothing beats a $15 shovel. And shovel edging, hands down, looks the best!

4. ericsteiner925

ericsteiner925 LawnSite Member

I have a $15 shovel too, and it looks great at my house....but when you have a huge job with like 17 different mulch beds a shovel will take you forever

5. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

I once had a 50 condo housing development and I edged it every year with a shovel. Each condo had roughly 80'-100' of edging to do. If you edge fast enough and have a worker following and picking out the sod/dirt...spending $600+ on a fancy edger isn't worth it in my opinion.

6. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Brown seems to be the way to go

7. nnusskern

nnusskern LawnSite Member

I have a bed shaper bed edger for sale if you are interested
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

For creating brand new beds? A brown will be hard to beat for the $$. If you have money to burn, a turf teq would be even better.

If just redefining beds, Id get with some kind of powerfull stick edger maybe?

I wouldnt be caugt using a shovel for anything more than 20'! Save your bad!