mulch bid, what do you think???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by swing blade, Mar 30, 2005.

1. swing blade

swing blade LawnSite Member

Hi guys,

I wanted your opinion on a one of my employees has put together. i am trying to get him somewhat trained as a foreman or manager. here is the specs

40 cu yds of mulch installed : 2500.00, which includes the labor and materials.

i know there are a lot of other variables but i want him to see some of your responses

2. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

mulch calculator
    then, supply
    then, mulch
    put in width ---- length
    diameter of circle
    then, thickness ie: 2" --- 3" --- 4"

mulch triple & double ground, red, brown, black cost $ 22/ yd
    express blower $ 19/ yd installed
    i always use express blower......... ~~~ Sell $65 / yd ~~~ $95 /yd
  3. srk1378

srk1378 LawnSite Member

I think your bid is right on. I was going to post a thread trying to get the going rate for ohio companies. I am a small two man company and we are charging @ 50.00 per yard for mulch and installation. Sounds like we are in the same ballpark, although we might be a little low. Let me know what you think.
    Thanks, Scott
  4. swing blade

swing blade LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I am really glad i got some response to show to my right hand man (In Training) He has a tendency to shy away from doing bids as he is afriad i will be upset with the price he comes up with. i am basically just trying to get him some exposure. And also to wally world, Thanks for the great link. I am looking into renting a bark blower from a local supplier, but i am not sure yet. i'll keep you informed as to the progression of the bid and my trainee.

thanks for the help and encouragement.

5. MN Wildwood

MN Wildwood LawnSite Member

For 40 yards of mulch I would have around $2100.00 in labor delivery and mulch on top of this, $2500 sounds fairly close depending on your material cost